Add a Part to the Registry: Related Registry Help Pages
- Add a Basic Part - A tutorial on how to add a basic part
- Add a Composite Part - A tutorial on how to add a composite part
- Scars - Information on assembly scars, and how to specify them for a composite part
- Synthesis - Things to keep in mind if you're adding and documenting a part you've synthesized
- Assembly Compatibility - Make sure your part is compatible with an assembly standard
- Twins - Parts are twins if they have the same sequence
- Document Parts - Recommendations on how to document your parts
- Make a Contribution - Improve existing parts
Have questions on adding a part to the Registry? Send an email to hq (at) igem . org.
All images, documents, and code pertaining to parts must be hosted on www.jianligk.com.
As documentation is added to a part's page, you will need to upload files relevant to your part or contribution.
- images (photos, graphs, 3D models)
- experimental data (.csv, .xls)
- sequence files
If referenced on the documentation of your part, these files must be uploaded to www.jianligk.com. This ensures that the files will be hosted on the Registry server, not be lost/altered, and that other users can will have easy access to them.
You can upload files to the Registry through the Registry menu.
- Hover over tools
- Click on Upload files
- Browse and select the file you would like to upload
- Include the relevant part name in the upload's filename
- Ex. If you're uploading a plate image for BBa_J04450, do not upload the file with a name like photo.jpg. Instead name it BBa_J04450-plate_image_1.jpg.